Mathematics Professional Development & Resources
Professional Learning with the Silicon Valley Mathematics Initiative (SVMI) hosted at Serna Center, 10/24/17, 11/28/17, 1/23/18 and 2/27/18
Math Training Specialists are encouraged to bring a team of teachers to participate in these professional learning opportunities together.
- Workshops are 8:30am – 3:30pm, with one hour for breakfast and lunch, which is provided. Content for the workshop begins at 9:00am.
The goal of the workshops is to enhance teachers’ pedagogical content knowledge in mathematics. The meetings target teachers of mathematics in grades K-HS and include whole-group activities as well as a significant amount of time in grade span groups K-3, 4-5, 6-8 and HS.
- Those who wish to participate need to register by completing this form. (Click on link to access.)
- K-8 teachers may use math grant funding to cover the costs of a 6.0 hour substitute.
- Please make necessary arrangements to complete the workshop at 3:30. Leaving early would violate the six-hour contracted work day.
- There are no registration fees.
2017-18 PROPOSED Math Mondays: Models and Representations for K-8 teachers
CANCELED until further notice!!!
- Mondays, 4:00-6:00pm, 9/25, 10/23, 12/4, 1/22, 2/26, 3/19, 4/23, 5/21 @ various school sites. (Sites listed below when determined.)
- Sign up via eSchools (Electronic Registrar Online) found on the district professional development page for per session pay or salary advancement.
- Organization ID#14906; Session #___ (How to register via eSchool)
Other Professional Learning Opportunities
Please check with your K-12 Mathematics Coordinator, Mikila Fetzer, or your Math Specialist for additional site-based opportunities.
- During the instructional day support and modified lesson studies based on inquiry cycles
- Number Talks (K-5) and Making Number Talks Matter (6-8) Series
- Facilitated book studies (Mathematical Mindsets, Putting the Practices Into Action,Student-Centered Instruction)
- Specialized groups support: Small High Schools Collaborative; EAP Senior-year Mathematics (ESM) Collaborative; Small Middle Schools Collaborative; Summer Math Institute (SMI) Community of Practice (CoP)