403b and 457 Plan Annuity Information
The District's Third Party Administrator is MidAmerica
Administrative Procedures for Plan Participants
All participant transaction requests and Salary Reduction Agreements (SRA) must be submitted to MidAmerica for validation prior to being processed by your payroll department or your Investment Provider. This includes all distributions, rollovers, transfers/exchanges, loans, hardships, or Salary Reduction Agreements.Contact your Investment Provider for all transaction forms such as distribution requests, loan requests, hardship distributions, transfers and exchanges.After completing the transaction request form, submit the paperwork to MidAmerica for compliance review and authorization.
Enroll in the 403(b) or 457 Plan Go to: www.403bcompare.com to view approved vendors.
- A complete list of the Investment Providers on your plan with contact information
- Videos and FAQs with general information about 403(b) plans
- Retirement Calculator
- Forms for your plan including Plan Highlights and Salary Reduction Agreement
- Choose an Investment Provider from the approved list for your plan
- Contact the Investment Provider directly to establish your 403(b) account.
Once you have established your 403(b) account with your chosen Investment Provider go to www.MidAmerica.biz to enroll in the plan by submitting a Salary Reduction Agreement online.
- Click on Participants
- 403(b)/457 TPA Services from the right menu
- Click on Participant Website Instructions to view step-by-step instructions for online enrollment
- Click Here to Access the 403(b)/457 Participant Website
- Follow the instructions to enroll online and receive instant confirmation
- If you prefer to complete and sign a paper Salary Reduction Agreement, fax it to 863-688-4466.
Customer Service: 866-873-4240
MidAmerica’s Customer Service Representatives for English and Spanish speaking participants are available:
Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST
Friday 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. EST
TPA Fax: 863-688-4466
Transactions secure upload website link:
SRA secure upload website link:
How much can I contribute each year?
The IRS determines the maximum contribution amounts each year. For 2013, the annual elective contribution limit for 403b and 457 plans has increased from $17,000 (2012) to $17,500. The catch-up contribution limit for those aged 50 and over remains unchanged at $5,500, or $23,000 total for this group. Contact your financial advisor for advise or link to IRS website for more information