Our responsibilities include:
- Master Planning and forecasting district facilities needs
- Modernizing schools and building new schools
- General maintenance, major repairs and land/system improvements
- Special Project Requests for minor site improvements by students, families and volunteers
- Community Facilities Use coordination and approval
- Collection of Developer Fees or School Impact Fees
Formerly known as Parent Participation Requests, the Special Project Request is a way for parents and community organizations to enhance our school facilities for students and staff. Some of the popular types of projects are gardens and tree planting with the Sacramento Tree Foundation.
The Sustainable Schools Program not only addresses resource conservation and building construction but it also dives deep into the culture of our District. The Sustainable Schools Program focuses on behavior and school systems by providing our staff with tailored materials and methods that create more hands-on learning and leadership opportunities for our students. Through this program students have an improved understanding of the world around them and will be better equipped to succeed in a career or higher education institution after graduation.